CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Letter to Mrs. Caroll

I am delighted to have had a chance to partake in this experience. The field I am studying in this program is Civil Engineering. Civil Engineers provide a lot of aid and support to communities and the environment. As a result, I want to produce some sort of plans that can benefit the community in some way, shape, or form. The project I wish to create is a simple subdivision of a piece of property that is in the area. I hope to design a small playground because the property for which I was given lies in a suburban area that has no recreational facility. In addition, I also plan to make a scale model of the project once all the research and planning has been completed. I feel that this project will allow me to give something back to the community and portray the main purpose of what civil engineers do. The overall project will be the process in which a developing project, such as the one I plan to do, begins and how it is altered once problems arise.

I believe that I will learn a great deal of problem-solving skills. Adapting to problems and finding logical solutions has become easy to accomplish. I also learned a great deal about the programs used by drafters, the equipment used by surveyors, and the adept thinking of civil engineers. All of these I have learned by simply spending time with each individual. By soaking up their knowledge I’ve been able to actually grasp the concepts that are spoken between civil engineers, drafters, and surveyors. My project will require a lot of research that ranges from mulch and metals for the playground to asphalt and elevation. My sponsor will solely be the aid for my project, however, the aid of others maybe enlisted if my sponsor is unavailable. The only obstacle I anticipate is time. Time is a huge factor because now it is April and the project is due by June and there is still a lot to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment