CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2nd Sponsor Meeting

My sponsor meeting today went so much beter than last week's mainly because the weather was so much nicer. This week my sponsor had to handle a last second meeting with one of his clients. This, off course, happened right as I arrived. I called Charles to tell him I had arrived and he told me that another engineer, Tim, would assist me. While waiting for Charlie, Tim showed me two land plots of two entirely different projects. One was a land plot of land Remington and Vernick bought from the state. The town wants that land to be used in order to build a new soccer complex; however, they're several problems that must be dealt with. They include, a gas line that cannot be moved, a waste removal system, contaminated soil, water to facilities, the elevation of the land, and an eagles nest that sits to the Northeast of the land. The estimated cost, Tim and Charlie expect, is approximately 14 million dollars. The lightening alone for night games will cost 70,000 dollars a light without maintenance. The other project was a complete overhaul of one street in Haddonfield. There was a cross contamination between the water line and the sewage system. The sewage leaked into the water and killed all the fish in a nearby pond. The town wants this problem fix, but there are other problems with the street that also have to be tended to. Overall, I believe I learned a lot this week because I was able to visualize what civil engineers have to face when tackling various problems.

1 comment:

  1. What a shame about the pond. I took my son fishing there a couple years ago and it was filled with nice Sunnies. Will the fish come back?

    ReplyDelete