CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

First Day on the Job

Yesterday I met with my sponsor for the first time at his office in Haddonfield. I was lost for awhile, but I managed to find him within the freezing cold blizzard. Once we met, my sponsor, Charles, navigated me around the town. He told me his company has seven seperate buildings in Haddonfield. I told him I managed to figure that out when I past several buildings with his company's logo. After we spent a few minutes roaming the his office we took to the streets. We walked several blocks, and on every block, Charles pointed out some problem that he has to fix or modify in the town. The majority of the problems consisted of a cross connection between water and sewer lines. This problem is serious because if a sewer line breaks, the sewage can possibly seep into the town's water lines. Another problem he presented to me dealt with the reconstruction of an intersection to make it accesible to disabled individuals. This meeting lasted about an hour, and Charles told me to come back next Tuesday. Next week, he told me, that he will have me working on some calculations that civil engineers need to make in order to maximize efficiency while minimizing cost.

1 comment:

  1. You are off to a great start! It sounds like you might be onto a great research paper topic. With ever expanding populations, how do we deal with waste?

    ReplyDelete