CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Engineering and Sports


Baseball will be starting next week and I can't wait. Now that I think about it, I wonder how much the town paid to construct the fields in which we play on. On my second sponsor visit I met an engineer, Tim, who told me all the components to building a sports complex and all the possible problems that come with it. For instance, my towns sports complex has five baseball fields. Two are for little league baseball, two for softball, and one official baseball field. At the heart of the complex is a concession stand with bathrooms and storage for field maintenance. There is about six lights for night games and a parking lot that sits upon a hill that overlooks the fields. There are more fields to the park, but the main focus I see is on the baseball fields. I truly wonder how much this project cost entirely. I can assume a hefty sum of money, but solely for the fields. I have an idea about the cost, but I only learned that by visiting my sponsor.

1 comment:

  1. One thing's for sure. A big field like the Link needs a good drainage system.

    ReplyDelete