CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Engineer of the Year

I received an invitation a few weeks ago to the Engineer of the Year banquet in Philadelphia. The banquet is to honor Drexel Alumni Christopher Ferguson,. Ferguson is an astronaut who is also a Mechanical Engineer. In 2008, Ferguson commanded the space shuttle Endeavour STS-126. Ferguson worked with his six-person crew on a 15-day space mission to install a system that recycles urine into drinking water. Ferguson is now being honored for his contributions to engineering. The banquet is tonite, however. I am not sure if I want to go mainly because I am not a part of that so called "scene." I also know that some of the friends I made with over the summer are going to the party. This may possibly sway my decision, but I have not really selected an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment