CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

6th Sponsor Meetings

Yesterday, I visited Charlie and I believe that this visit was actually my favorite out of all my visits. This week Charlie took me out to actually do some field work. First we examined this one property where the owner owns two housing lots. The town wants to buy the second lot and construct a house on it. Charlies told me that the client has already done a subdivision of the land and has already altered the property line. Anyways, when we examined the property, Charlie told me what to look for when out in the field. I actually found something that he missed. It was only a gas valve, but he didn't see only because grass was growing over it. After that, Charlie took me to another site where the street is going to be repaved. He let me survey the area in order to determine the area to be paved. I found this visit very insightful and fun. I hope next week will be as fun and interesting as this one.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you're really interested in how land is sculpted, shaped, and wired to meet the needs of people and businesses. Have you ever heard of Frederick Law Olmstead? If not, you should check him out because he is the archtypal landscaper. I wonder how much cross pollination there is between landscaping and civil engineering.

    ReplyDelete