CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Spanish Trip


During our Spanish Trip today, I actually noticed how older streets and alleys that were made out of cobblestones and bricks have modern manholes and storm drains. When we visited this tee-shirt store on a back alley way I noticed this. I actually thought about this for a while trying to figure how a modern type of sewer and water management was inserted in a old street with having to dig up the street. Its weird because the street appeared to have nothing done to. I want to know how that manhole got there because that must of been a difficult job to do, but interesting on how the engineer approached the problem.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if the stones are originals. When did Philly start putting in modern sewer systems instead of letting everything slop and gush into the gutters?

    ReplyDelete