CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

7th Sponsor Meeting


This week Charlie took me back out in the field to actually meet the people who video tape sewer lines to check for problems. I actually got to see the crawlers that are sent into the sewer. Some of them were small whereas others were like a remote control car size. In the truck the two guys drive, there is a workshop and a recording studio where all the footage is recorded and saved. After we met them, we began opening up manholes to check the flow of water down this particular street. The first few we opened were a shallow depth under ground, but one of them was a huge drop beneath the ground. One of the crewman actually climbed down the manhole to see where the flow of water was heading. I thought he was crazy, but then I soon realized that he probably used to doing that. This week wasn't really exciting ,but I did enjoy opening up manholes to see how far the storm drain can be underground one block and how it can change one block down the street.

1 comment:

  1. I'm assuming this is a rainwater, runoff line. Are you going to do sewage lines soon? P.U.

    ReplyDelete