CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Trip to New York

Yesterday my father and I drove up to New York to see his cousin who is sick in the hospital. We also went to pick up my uncles and my grandfather and spend some time with them. Anyway, the trip up there was very interesting. I saw many different types of roadways, overpasses, and bridges. On our way into the city we crossed the George Washington Bridge. It was my first time actually crossing that bridge and I was amazed on how it was built. The sections of roadways after the bridge were interconnected by stunning spirals of roadway and ramps. I found this connection of roadway is an amazing feat of civil engineering. The whole length of time I spent in New York I attempted to search for other places where civil engineering created an incredible system of pavement linking various place together.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am amazed with remarkable feats of engineering. One of these days, when you have time, you should read Pillars of the Earth - a fantastic novel about how a great cathedral was constructed.

    ReplyDelete