CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Difficult Decision

Recently, I have come to a difficult decision that determines my activities over the summer. One option is to apply for an internship, which I will most likely be hired, and work the whole summer or spend the summer with family and friends, having fun. I'm perplexed on how each weighs because one benefits my career and the other tones and shapes my emotional persona. i have taken this dilemma to several of my friends and a few family members and I still have yet to reach a decision. I want to do what is best for me, but both contribute to that philosophy in their own way.

I hope to reach a decision soon. I may possibly reach a census by confronting my parents about it. They both care about me and respect my choice, so their input can possibly settle my inner conflict. All my parents want is to see me happy and make my own choices because I'm becoming an adult, and this is a part of growing up that will make me a stronger person.

The benefits of applying for the internship are, pay, experience with new technologies, a possible job once I finish college, and a productive summer that I hope it to be. The cons, however, consist of lack of family and friend time, not having the option to vacation in various exotic locations, and a break from working. The main con that affects my decision the most is that I will not spend a lot of time with my family and friends. The majority of this problem weighs on how much I want to spend time with my family and friends and the craving for more experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment