CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 16, 2009

New Years Resolution

I always found that creating a New Years Resolution was such a tedious task for people because no one ever follows their resolution, but I’ve come to realize that they seem much more helpful than they appear. I personally have made several New Years Resolutions over the past few years, but I gave up on them before I even got started. However, I realize now the standards I made I could never achieve. This year that is all going to change. My resolutions for self improvement focus on my health, family and friend appreciation, and the impact I can make on my community. Although I’ve made several mistakes about setting a New Years Resolution, this year I will be able to make up for lost time by improving my life and the lives of other around me.

My first resolution, which I began last year, dealt with acquiring a healthy diet. Over the past year only half of that goal has become a reality. Eating healthy foods spliced itself into my lifestyle, but exercise has whittled its way out. I plan to exercise much more this year. In addition, I plan to assist my mom because she to also wants to get in shape. By exercising I will gain more energy, feel good about myself, and act less lazy when I’m around other people.

My second resolution concerns my family and my friends. As this is my senior year it will be the last time I see some of my friends. In addition, I may not see some of my relatives in Puerto Rico over the summer due to an internship that I may acquire. Even though some of my family is visiting soon, I want to treasure their time here with many memories. Likewise with my friends, I want to share many fond memories in the time we have before we go our separate ways. I want to show my family and friends how much I appreciate them in the time left to tell and show them.

My third resolution addresses my generosity towards my community. Lately I have done community work for the National Honor Society, and I felt proud of myself for donating my time to help others. I want to dedicate more of my time to aiding my community in any way possible. In December, I volunteered at my church to make food baskets, acted as a greeter, and I collected offerings during mass. These deeds seem to put a smile on my face and I want to continue to do that.

New Year Resolutions seem impossible to follow, depending on their difficulty, but if easy resolutions are achievable. Exercise is the number one important thing this country needs and I intend to get in shape and I won’t be doing it alone. Friends and family are important, so I want to treasure the time I have with them in order to reflect on the experience and memories later on in life. Community service does the heart well and nothing can improve someone’s character by helping out the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment