CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Personal Improvement Excerpt



The excerpt I took from my self-improvement book came from Chapter 1. It concerned how sale representatives try their hardest to persuade consumers to purchase items that have no use for shoppers. This excerpt is a metaphor on how the tactics a sale rep uses can result in a hard life without money for day to day survival.

"It is far better to paddle your own raft over rapids than to give up the oars to a stranger, sit down in the bottom of the boat, close your eyes, cross your fingers, and hope for a happy landing."

I would rather trust my own knowledge and instinct rather than to be persuaded by a sneaky sales person. Following my own instinct and trusting my own knowledge will keep my mind focused and my money in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment