CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration of President Obama


The inauguration of President Barack Obama was a historic moment in history. His address filled me with goosebumps after every cheer of the crowd. His words flowed and meshed together like a river emptying into a ocean. Barack Obama's use of metaphors and imagery painted a perfect picture of the changes he will make. In addition, his incorporation of the nation's history within his address was but all inspiring. Incorporating the events that set in motion that led up to his moment was nothing short of genius.


After Obama completed his speech, I called my sister to discuss the speech. She told me that she was crying because she thought this moment would never happen. Besides the fact Obama is black, he is also a minority, the feeling I get from watching a minority succeed fills me with inspiration. I believe that the change Obama promised will happen, its only a matter of time before he revitalizes our nation to its former glory and prosperity.

No comments:

Post a Comment