CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Quote from President Obama's Inaugural Address

"In reaffirming the greatness of our nation, we understand that greatness is never a given. It must be earned. Our journey has never been one of shortcuts or settling for less."



Throughout President Obama's address, this is the one quote that stuck out to me. The first line which describes the old saying, "greatness is not given, but must be earned", intrigues me because I fight for any and everything. I want to achieve the level of success Obama has achieved and I am willing and able to meet those standards, no matter the cost. One day I'll achieve that level of success, and then I'll reflect on everything I did in order to reach the pinnacle of triumph and happiness.

The second line to this excerpt, defines me as a person. I never really used any kind of excuse or method to cheat myself out of work. I always stay true to my word instead of using cheats and shortcuts to get ahead. Everything that I have done in my life so far had been done so I can have a legit advantage when I enter the working world. Actually understanding and explaining ideas and facts work much better than memorizing them for an interview just to show some intelligence. Shortcuts never work in the real world because whoever uses them always gets caught and always suffers the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment